The January 2015 Commonwealth Foundation grants call is now closed.
The Commonwealth Foundation awards funding for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
- Open to civil society organisations (CSOs)
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- Delivered in Commonwealth Foundation eligible member countries
Areas of focus
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Strengthening the ability of CSOs to use creative expression for participatory governance
- Enhancing the capacity of CSOs, networks and alliances to engage in participatory governance
- Facilitating interaction and constructive engagement in governance
- Building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
Grant projects are encouraged to integrate one or more of the following cross-cutting themes in their design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding