With more than 2.3 billion citizens, the Commonwealth provides a potentially huge pool of ideas for advancing societies. The Commonwealth Foundation’s grants help civil society organisations get their ideas across to policymakers.
The Commonwealth Foundation awards grants for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
At a glance
- Open to civil society organisations (CSOs)
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- Delivered in Commonwealth Foundation eligible member countries
What makes our grants so special?
- Initiatives on participatory governance in Commonwealth Countries from grass roots to national level
- Projects range across sectors and themes from creative expression to community empowerment; from health to human rights.
- Grantees learn from each other and develop the tools to monitor and evaluate their projects through our learning workshops
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Creative expression
- Capacity development
- Constructive engagement
- Learning and sharing
- The SAMOA Pathway
Applicants are encouraged to integrate the cross cutting theme of gender into the project design.
View Commonwealth Foundation Grants Footprint in a full screen map