The Commonwealth Foundation awards grants for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
With more than 2.3 billion citizens, the Commonwealth provides a potentially huge pool of ideas for advancing societies. The Commonwealth Foundation’s grants help civil society organisations get their ideas across to policymakers.
Two grant calls are now open for applications:
1) Grants call for projects to be implemented in eligible countries in Africa, Americas, Asia and Europe
- The deadline for submission of the preliminary application form is 17.00 GMT on 4 January 2017
- To apply for this call and to access supporting documents, click here.
2) Grants call for projects to be implemented in Pacific Islands - Kiribati, Papua New Guinea and Tonga
- The deadline for submission of the preliminary application form is 17.00 GMT on 10 February 2017
- To apply for this call and access supporting documents, click here.
Please sign up for other news about our grants programme on our sign up page.
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
Applicants are encouraged to integrate the cross cutting theme of gender into the project design.