The Commonwealth Foundation Grants call for 2013-14 is now closed for applications. A new grants round for 2014-15 will be open for applications later in the year, with further information available in August. Organisations that applied for a grant in February 2014 will receive formal notification by the end of July.
Our grants programme contributes to sustainable development through effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
The programme supports innovation and sharing of replicable and sustainable models, while promoting good practice in citizen participation.
By awarding grants in support of participatory governance across the Commonwealth, the Grants programme aims to:
- Deliver an efficient and effective programme which is responsive to the development needs of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) across the Commonwealth
- Complement the effectiveness of the Foundation’s ares of focus by providing grants to CSOs beyond those supported through the projects
- Generate knowledge and understanding of participatory governance and its benefits in promoting effective, responsive and accountable governance within the Commonwealth by supporting models of good practice
At a glance
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- For civil society organisations
- Funding for new projects delivered in Commonwealth Foundation member countries
The grants programme will be particularly supportive of proposals that mainstream the Foundation's cross-cutting outcome areas in their project design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding