The first phase of the assessment process for the January 2015 grants call is now complete, and shortlisted applicants have been invited to submit a full application form.
If you have not heard from us, you can assume that your application has not been successful. You will receive a formal notification on the outcome of your application by the end of July 2015. Please note that due to the high number of applications received, we are not in a position to provide detailed feedback to unsuccessful applicants at this stage.
The Commonwealth Foundation awards funding for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
- Open to civil society organisations (CSOs)
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
- Delivered in Commonwealth Foundation eligible member countries
Areas of focus
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Strengthening the ability of CSOs to use creative expression for participatory governance
- Enhancing the capacity of CSOs, networks and alliances to engage in participatory governance
- Facilitating interaction and constructive engagement in governance
- Building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
Grant projects are encouraged to integrate one or more of the following cross-cutting themes in their design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding